Mississippi’s Home Saver program assists by making mortgage payments for homeowners who have lost their job or experienced a 25% reduction in income through no fault of their own due to the economy, and are at risk of default or losing their home to a mortgage foreclosure.

Participants have three options:
1. Mortgage Assistance
2. Mortgage Assistance with Education
3. Reinstatement Only

Now Accepting:

  • Self Employed – Individuals who have experienced a 25% reduction in income due to the economy. Must Document with Current signed Profit and Loss Statement, Last 2 years federal tax returns and most current 2 months bank  statements (personal and business)
  • Military Deployed – Individuals who have experienced any reduction in income  due to deployment will now be eligible for the Home Saver program. This applies to all personnel in regular and reserve components of the Army, Navy, Air Force,  Marines and Coast Guard.

Fraud Alert — Homeowners will never be asked to pay a fee for the Home Saver program. If you are asked to pay a fee or suspect fraud or misrepresentation of the Home Saver program or representative, you are encouraged to contact the United States Treasury’s Antifraud Unit by email at OFS.AntifraudUnit@treasury.gov.


Documents you will need to apply
Please gather the following documents before beginning the application process. You will need these documents in order to complete the application process and be considered for approval. Need help locating documents? Click here.

  • Foreclosure documentation, if applicable
  • Mortgage Loan Statement(s)-Most Recent for each mortgage and/or lien against property
  • Copies of Closing Documents to include Note, Deed of Trust and Warranty Deed
  • Last 2 years W-2 Statements – Mortgagor’s & Co-Mortgagor’s
  • Last 2 years Federal Tax Returns
  • Last 2 months Bank Statements – all pages
  • Documentation of Unemployment – verification of circumstances
  • Income Documents (Most recent paystubs, checks, income statements, award letters, Unemployment Benefits Statement)
  • Most recent utility bill
  • Homeowners Association Dues Statement, if applicable
  • Copy of Driver’s License or Picture I.D. and Social Security card
Save Your Home be your own best advocate
Save Your Home