The Georgia Department of Community Affairs has partnered with GHFA Affordable Housing, Inc. to deliver a statewide unemployment mortgage payment assistance program to prevent foreclosures, under the name HomeSafe Georgia.
HomeSafe Georgia will help by providing “bridge” mortgage assistance to many Georgians who are unemployed or have seen a dramatic decrease in their income due to national economic conditions.
Funding for HomeSafe Georgia comes from the Treasury’s Hardest Hit Fund®.
1. Learn how to navigate our website and application by reviewing the information under “Take a Tour”.
2. Read more about the Program under “HomeSafe Program” to determine if the assistance would be right for you.
3. See if your lender or servicer is participating in the Program by checking the Lender list found under “Lender Participation”. This list will be updated as more lenders join.
4. See if you meet the eligibility requirements of the Program by reading the information under “Eligibility Requirements”.
5. Ready to Apply? Click the “Start Now!” button to create your profile and begin your application.
Who is Eligible for HomeSafe Georgia mortgage assistance?
First and foremost, the Georgia homeowner must have suffered a hardship due to unemployment or underemployment through no fault of their own. Other hardships, while unfortunate, do not qualify under this program. The homeowner must be able and willing to work, and be seeking new or better employment.
The homeowner must have been current on his or her mortgage before the event of the unemployment or underemployment, and cannot be more than six months behind on the mortgage at the time of application.
Other eligibility requirements apply. Check Eligibility Requirements for details and an eligibility checklist.
The applicant and property must meet all requirements. Additional underwriting criteria may also be established.
Save Your Home